Aimee Gerace Death was a 44-year-old rabbi and educator from Pasadena, California, who died on October 15, 2023, after a long battle with breast cancer. She was the education director of Pasadena Jewish Temple and Center (PJTC), where she taught and inspired hundreds of students and families. She was also a kind and compassionate person who supported her community and friends. Her death has left her loved ones in grief and pain. In this article, we will provide you with some information about Aimee Gerace, her cause of death, and how you can honor her memory.
Who Was Aimee Gerace?
Aimee Gerace was born on June 15, 1979, in Butler, Pennsylvania. She was the daughter of Stephen and Ellen Irshay, who raised her in a Jewish family. She attended Butler High School and graduated in 1997. She then studied at Tulane University in New Orleans, where she earned her BA in Jewish Studies and Spanish Language in 2001.
Aimee Gerace was best known by her rabbinic title, Rabbi Aimee Irshay Gerace, which reflected her life’s calling. She felt drawn to the Jewish faith and culture since she was a child and decided to pursue a career in Jewish education and leadership. She enrolled at the Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion (HUC-JIR) in Los Angeles, where she received her MA in Jewish Education in 2006 and her rabbinic ordination in 2007.
Rabbi Aimee Gerace became the education director of PJTC in 2008, a position she held until her passing. She was responsible for overseeing the religious school, the adult education program, the youth group, and the family education program. She was also involved in leading services, officiating life cycle events, and counseling congregants. She was a passionate and creative educator who taught Judaism with joy and enthusiasm. She was also a caring and supportive leader who nurtured and empowered her students and staff.
Rabbi Aimee Gerace was more than just a rabbi and educator; she was also a family woman. She married Marco Gerace in 2002 and had two children: Carson and Amalia. She loved her husband and children with all her heart and celebrated their milestones and achievements. She also enjoyed spending time with her parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, and in-laws.
Rabbi Aimee Gerace was also a friendly and generous person who had a big heart for her friends and neighbors. She was involved in various charitable causes and donated to many organizations. She was a member of the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce and the Pasadena Rotary Club. She also supported local schools and sports teams.
Rabbi Aimee Gerace loved life and enjoyed spending time with her loved ones. She liked music, movies, shopping, and traveling. She also had a passion for animals and took care of many pets at home.
Aimee Gerace Death: The Passing of a Beloved Rabbi and Educator in Pasadena, California
How Did Aimee Gerace Death?
According to her obituary, Rabbi Aimee Gerace died peacefully at home on October 15th. She had been diagnosed with Stage 4 metastatic breast cancer in 2019. She underwent several treatments, including chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, and immunotherapy. She fought bravely and courageously against the disease for over two years.
Rabbi Aimee’s death came just over a month after her son Carson collapsed on the football field during a game on September 3rd. He suffered a brain bleed and was rushed to the hospital. He has been in critical condition ever since.
Rabbi Aimee stayed by Carson’s side throughout his recovery, praying for his healing and hoping for his miracle. She also continued to support her husband Marco and her daughter Amalia, who were struggling with their own emotions and challenges.
Rabbi Aimee’s death has left her family and community heartbroken and devastated. They have lost a remarkable woman who touched their lives with her love and kindness.
How to Honor Rabbi Aimee Gerace’s Memory?
Rabbi Aimee Gerace’s memory will live on through her work and legacy. She touched the lives of countless people with her teaching and leadership. She inspired many people with her faith and character. She left an indelible mark on the Jewish community of Pasadena.
If you would like to honor Rabbi Aimee Gerace’s memory, you can do so by:
- Attending or watching her celebration of life service on October 22nd at 11:00 am at PJTC or online. Her family has requested that donations be made in her name to PJTC or Compassion Canada instead of sending flowers.
- Visiting or sharing her online memorial page here, where you can leave a message or light a candle to honor her memory.
- Sharing your memories or condolences with her family and friends on social media or by sending cards or letters.
- Supporting PJTC by continuing to participate in their programs or by leaving positive reviews or testimonials.
- Following Rabbi Aimee’s example of loving Judaism by learning, teaching, or practicing Jewish values or traditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: When and where did Rabbi Aimee Gerace die?
- A: Rabbi Aimee Gerace died on October 15th at her home in Pasadena, California.
- Q: Who was Rabbi Aimee Gerace?
- A: Rabbi Aimee Gerace was a 44-year-old rabbi and educator from Pasadena, California. She was the education director of PJTC, where she taught and inspired hundreds of students and families. She was also a kind and compassionate person who supported her community and friends.
- Q: How can I honor Rabbi Aimee Gerace’s memory?
- A: You can honor Rabbi Aimee Gerace’s memory by attending or watching her celebration of life service on October 22nd at 11:00 am at PJTC or online; visiting or sharing her online memorial page here and leaving a message or lighting a candle; sharing your memories or condolences with her family and friends on social media or by sending cards or letters; supporting PJTC by continuing to participate in their programs or by leaving positive reviews or testimonials; or following Rabbi Aimee’s example of loving Judaism by learning, teaching, or practicing Jewish values or traditions.