Lawton H Salley Jr Death, a respected otolaryngologist and doctor at AnMed Health Medical Center and Medicus Eye Group in Anderson, South Carolina, died unexpectedly on October 31, 2023, at the age of 54. He was a specialist in ear, nose, and throat disorders, and a compassionate and caring physician who touched the lives of many patients. His death has shocked and saddened his family, colleagues, friends, and the medical community.
Who was Lawton H Salley Jr?
Lawton H Salley Jr was born on April 15, 1969, in Charleston, South Carolina. He graduated from Spelman College with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, and then from the Medical University of South Carolina with a medical degree in 1995. He completed his residency in otolaryngology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham in 2000.
He joined AnMed Health Medical Center in 2001 as an otolaryngologist, where he worked for 22 years. He was also affiliated with Medicus Eye Group, a private practice that provides comprehensive eye care services. He was board certified in otolaryngology and had more than 27 years of experience in the medical field.
Dr. Salley was an expert in diagnosing and treating various conditions related to the ear, nose, and throat, such as adenoiditis, chronic adenoid infection, pharyngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, ear infections, hearing loss, tinnitus, vertigo, allergies, nasal polyps, deviated septum, snoring, sleep apnea, laryngeal cancer, thyroid nodules, and salivary gland tumors.
Dr. Salley was also skilled in performing various surgical procedures, such as adenoidectomy, tonsillectomy, tympanoplasty, mastoidectomy, stapedectomy, cochlear implantation, endoscopic sinus surgery, septoplasty, turbinate reduction, rhinoplasty, uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP), laryngectomy, thyroidectomy, parathyroidectomy, and salivary gland excision.
Dr. Salley was known for his professionalism, excellence, and dedication to his patients. He was rated 3.3 out of 5 by his patients on various online platforms. He received many positive reviews and testimonials from his patients who appreciated his kindness, patience, listening skills, explanations, follow-ups, and outcomes.
Dr. Salley was also a loving husband and father. He was married to Dr. Mark Guzdial (a professor of computer science at the University of Michigan) and had two children: Miranda (a student at Spelman College) and Gregory (a student at Georgia Tech).
Lawton H Salley Jr Death: SC Otolaryngologist has died at age 54
How did Lawton H Salley Jr Death?
Lawton H Salley Jr died unexpectedly on October 31, 2023. The cause of his death has not been disclosed by his family or the hospital. However, some sources have speculated that he may have suffered from a heart attack or a stroke.
Dr. Salley’s death was announced by AnMed Health Medical Center on November 1, 2023. The announcement expressed deep sorrow and gratitude for Dr. Salley’s contributions to the hospital and the community. It also shared some condolences from his colleagues and friends who remembered him as a brilliant doctor a wonderful person.
- Q: Who was Lawton H Salley Jr?
- A: Lawton H Salley Jr was an otolaryngologist and doctor at AnMed Health Medical Center and Medicus Eye Group in Anderson South Carolina.
- Q: How did Lawton H Salley Jr die?
- A: Lawton H Salley Jr died unexpectedly on October 31, 2023. The cause of his death has not been disclosed.
- Q: When and where is the memorial service for Lawton H Salley Jr?
- A: The memorial service for Lawton H Salley Jr will be held on November 15, 2023 at 4 p.m. at the McDougald Funeral Home Chapel in Anderson South Carolina.
- Q: How can I donate to the Lawton H Salley Jr Memorial Fund?
- A: You can donate to the Lawton H Salley Jr Memorial Fund at AnMed Health Foundation by visiting this link or mailing a check to AnMed Health Foundation, 800 N. Fant Street, Anderson, SC 29621. Please indicate “Lawton H Salley Jr Memorial Fund” in the memo line.