Suzanne Somers Death was a TV icon who starred in popular sitcoms such as “Three’s Company” and “Step by Step”. She was also a successful author, entrepreneur, and health advocate. She passed away on October 15, 2023, at the age of 76, after a long battle with breast cancer. In this article, we will provide you with some information about Suzanne Somers, her cause of death, and how you can honor her memory.
Who Was Suzanne Somers?
Suzanne Somers was born on October 16, 1946, in San Bruno, California. She began her acting career in the late 1960s, appearing in small roles in movies and TV shows. She rose to fame in 1977, when she was cast as Chrissy Snow, the bubbly blonde roommate of Jack Tripper (John Ritter) and Janet Wood (Joyce DeWitt) in the hit comedy “Three’s Company”. The show was a ratings success and made Somers a household name and a sex symbol.
Somers left “Three’s Company” in 1981, after a contract dispute with the producers. She then pursued other projects, such as hosting her own talk show, starring in a Las Vegas show, and launching her own line of products. In 1991, she returned to TV as Carol Foster Lambert, the matriarch of a blended family in the family sitcom “Step by Step”. The show ran for seven seasons and was another hit for Somers.
Somers was also a prolific writer, publishing over 25 books on various topics, such as health, wellness, beauty, aging, and sexuality. She was an advocate for alternative medicine and natural remedies, and she promoted her own brand of supplements and skincare products. She also shared her personal experiences with breast cancer, which she was diagnosed with in 2001. She opted for alternative treatments instead of chemotherapy and claimed to have cured herself.
Somers was married twice: first to Bruce Somers, with whom she had a son named Bruce Jr., and then to Alan Hamel, whom she married in 1977. She had two stepchildren from Hamel’s previous marriage: Stephen and Leslie. She was also a grandmother of six grandchildren.
Suzanne Somers Death: The Legacy of a TV Icon
How Did Suzanne Somers Die?
Suzanne Somers died peacefully at home in the early morning hours of October 15th. She survived an aggressive form of breast cancer for over 23 years. She was surrounded by her loving husband Alan, her son Bruce, and her immediate family. Her family was gathered to celebrate her 77th birthday on October 16th. Instead, they will celebrate her extraordinary life and thank her millions of fans and followers who loved her dearly.
Somers revealed that she had a recurrence of breast cancer in July 2023. She posted a message on Instagram, saying: “Since I have been taking time off from work, many of you have asked for more details about my health. As you know, I had breast cancer two decades ago, and every now and then it pops up again, and I continue to bat it down. This is not new territory for me. I know how to put on my battle gear and I’m a fighter.”
Somers did not disclose the details of her treatment or condition after that. However, she remained active on social media until September 2023, posting photos and videos of herself with her husband and friends. She also promoted her products and books and expressed gratitude for her life.
How to Honor Suzanne Somers’ Memory?
Suzanne Somers’ memory will live on through her work and legacy. She touched the lives of many people with her humor, charm, courage, and wisdom. She inspired millions of women to embrace their femininity, sexuality, and aging gracefully. She also encouraged people to take charge of their health and wellness and to seek natural alternatives.
If you would like to honor Suzanne Somers’ memory, you can do so by:
- Watching or rewatching her TV shows and movies
- Reading or rereading her books
- Trying or recommending her products
- Donating or volunteering for breast cancer awareness or research organizations
- Sharing your favorite memories or quotes of Suzanne Somers on social media
- Sending your condolences or tributes to her family
Suzanne Somers Death: The Legacy of a TV Icon
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: When and where did Suzanne Somers die?
- A: Suzanne Somers died on October 15, 2023, at her home in California.
- Q: Who was Suzanne Somers?
- A: Suzanne Somers was a TV icon who starred in sitcoms such as “Three’s Company” and “Step by Step”. She was also a successful author, entrepreneur, and health advocate.
- Q: How can I honor Suzanne Somers’ memory?
- A: You can honor Suzanne Somers’ memory by watching or rewatching her TV shows and movies, reading or rereading her books, trying or recommending her products, donating or volunteering for breast cancer awareness or research organizations, sharing your favorite memories or quotes of Suzanne Somers on social media, or sending your condolences or tributes to her family.